Who Qualifies for Health Home Services?
- Have Medicaid
Have either Two Chronic Conditions OR
- a Single Qualifying Condition
i.e. HIV/AIDS or Serious Mental Illness AND
The Patient Meets Appropriateness Criteria
What is the appropriateness criteria?
- Patients who are likely to be Hospitalized or in Medical Crisis or have an Adverse Event like:
Death, Disability, Inpatient or Nursing Home Admission, Mandated Preventive Services, or Out of Home Placement
- Need more Social Support and/or may not have enough Family Support to Manage their Disease(s) and Reach their Goals
- Are not Currently Set up with the Services they need such as a Regular Doctor, Housing Provider, Legal Assistance, Food Stamps etc.
- Are having Problems Remembering to take Medicine, Appointments or Understanding the Doctors Treatment Plans
- Recently been Released from Incarceration, Placement, Detention, or Psychiatric Hospitalization
- Need help with Activities of Daily Living such as Bathing, Preparing Meals, getting to and from Appointment(s)