Who Qualifies for Health Home Services?
- Have Medicaid
Have either two chronic conditions OR
- a single qualifying condition
i.e. HIV/AIDS or Serious Mental Illness AND
The Patient Meets Appropriateness Criteria
What is the appropriateness criteria?
- Patients who are likely to be hospitalized or in medical crisis or have an adverse event like:
- death, disability, inpatient or nursing home admission, mandated preventive services, or out of home placement
- Need more social support and/or may not have enough family support to manage their disease(s) and reach their goals
- Are not currently set up the services they need such as a regular doctor, housing provider, legal assistance, food stamps etc
- Are having problems remembering to take medicine, appointments or understanding the doctors treatment plans
- Recently been released from incarceration, placement, detention, or psychiatric hospitalization
- Need help with activities of daily living such as bathing, preparing meals, getting to and from appointment